Representing Entrepreneurs And Business Owners In Nashville
Business disputes take many forms. They include actions to collect debts, actions for breach of contract, and disputes between shareholders, officers, directors or investors to name a few. If you or your business partners are involved in a commercial dispute, it is essential that you take proactive steps to protect your legal rights and financial interests. You need an aggressive lawyer on your side.
At the Kline Preston Law Group, attorney Kline Preston has the skill, experience and tenacity that you can count on for successful results. He has successfully represented companies in a wide range of business disputes on a global scale.
A Full Range Of Business Litigation Services
The business litigation team at the Kline Preston Law Group is prepared to represent you in the full spectrum of commercial disputes. No matter the nature or circumstances of your case, attorney Kline Preston puts in the time, resources and attention to detail to ensure that you know exactly what you need to do next.
Mr. Preston enjoys practicing law in this area because he has business experience in multiple industries, including but not limited to, the alcohol industry, publishing, real estate, and importing and exporting, in addition to his legal experience. Mr. Preston started his own lawn mowing business at the age of 10 and has worked ever since then. Among other types of business disputes, look to Kline Preston Law Group for assistance with:
- Breach of contract claims: Contracts are at the foundation of most modern commercial relationships. A breach of an agreement can cause significant damage to the nonbreaching party. In Tennessee, a company can be held legally liable for damages stemming from a contract breach. At the same time, there are some valid defenses that can be raised in a breach of contract claim. At Kline Preston Law Group, Mr. Preston has deep experience representing clients in complex breach of contract claims.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes: A dispute between shareholders or partners can cause major damage to a business. These types of disagreements can arise for many different reasons – from good-faith differences of opinion regarding the future of the business to allegations of fraud or misconduct. With experience advising business owners and entrepreneurs on issues related to business structure and entity formation, Mr. Preston is here to assist you.
- Intellectual property cases: For many companies in Tennessee, their intellectual property portfolio is just as valuable as their tangible assets – if not even more so. Intellectual property includes everything from copyrights to trademarks to patents to trade secrets. Get seasoned assistance if your company is involved in disputes over intellectual property matters, including copyright infringement claims, trademark infringement claims, disputes over IP licensing agreements and trade secret misappropriation claims.
- Employment law matters: For business owners, dealing with an employment law dispute can be frustrating. Attorney Kline Preston has experience assisting companies and organizations with a wide range of employment law issues, including defense against employment law claims, severance agreements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Business and consumer fraud claims: Business and consumer fraud cases take many different forms. In Tennessee, the primary legal protection for consumers is called the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act. Some notable examples of cases that arise under this law include false advertising, material misrepresentations or omissions, and bait-and-switch tactics. If you have questions about bringing or defending a claim under this statute or any related state or federal law, you are in the right place. You can lean into the leadership of attorney Kline Preston for legal help.
- Real estate and commercial property disputes: Are you involved in a dispute over a commercial real estate transaction or commercial property? If so, it is imperative that you take action to protect your personal and business interests. Attorney Kline Preston offers experienced advocacy for all types of business real estate issues, including disputes over transactions, lending arrangements, commercial leases, and property matters.
- Regulatory issues: It is not uncommon for businesses to run into problems with federal, state or local government agencies. It could be anything from a denial of a permit to an alleged violation of local or state regulations. In some cases, the government may even be pushing financial penalties or other sanctions against your business. If you or your company are locked in a dispute over a regulatory matter, such as a Lacey Act violation, for example, you will need an experienced attorney.
- International commercial disputes: With extensive experience in international law, attorney Kline Preston has done business in many different countries ranging from the Soviet Union to Russia, Ukraine, the Philippines, Cuba, Mexico, the United Kingdom, the Cayman Islands, and others. Mr. Preston’s experience in international business, in attracting capital, in product and services sales, in navigating the different legal environments, and in currency arbitrage has provided him with a unique experience that gives him an advantage in handling business matters with and for his clients.
- Business arbitration and mediation: While the Kline Preston Law Group is made for litigation, attorney Kline values settlement or alternative disputes through mediation as this route can sometimes offer a better, more cost-effective solution. The utilization of arbitration is a complex matter. Attorney Kline Preston has litigated many cases in arbitration while also having successfully challenged his clients having been compelled to arbitrate.
You Can Rely On Business Litigation Attorney George Kline Preston, IV
Commercial disputes are complicated. You need an aggressive and effective legal representative in your corner. Attorney Kline Preston is a skilled business litigation lawyer with almost thirty years of experience getting positive results for business people. He is ready to take immediate action to protect your rights and your interests. Mr. Preston commits to:
- Conduct a comprehensive, confidential evaluation and assessment of your case
- Answer your questions and walk you step-by-step through the legal process
- Investigate the case – gathering documents, records, information, and evidence
- Consider all available options for a favorable settlement of the business dispute
- Prepare a strong, well-supported case to get you the most favorable result in court
Call Now For Immediate Help
At Kline Preston Law Group, Mr. Preston will help you find the answer that works. He is always ready to take a fight into the courtroom. If you are locked in a business dispute, send an email today or call Call to arrange your confidential initial consultation.